Monday 25 January 2016

Poetry to make you think....

Slowly, Ever Slowly, Letting Go

Tony DeLorger © 2016

How confusing, life,
impenetrable causes, and we
running from ourselves,
when perspective waits,
a distant light, yet to be,
and knowledge a beacon
of what at some point,
this torn mind will see.

Wretched self, inadequate,
self persecution my indelible habit,
when I am no more,
no less than the rest,
squirming in self-loathing,
believing considerably,
I am the only one,
when life's begs to differ.

I swallow,
each one a piece of me to bury,
not honest,
just ashamed of the lies I tell,
the lullabies I sing myself to sleep,
placating all the truths I cannot bare,
for they assert my being, all I dare
to expose me, light me up.

At least then I'll sleep at night,
not live in purgatory’s hold,
where guilt and shame and loathing maim,
keep me from myself,
that moment yet come
that proclaims I am just me, the same,
and each one of us journeying in blind accord
with little faith in us.

Darkness falls too much,
begs complicity, retribution,
yet what have I done, to be so set upon,
when all I want is place,
to fit in this complex human race,
not feel cast aside, not having to run and hide,
just believe I belong here,
even with all these tears.

It is not light, it is not dark,
it is what it is, and I a part,
and pain just a moment passed,
lingering in memory not reality,
and so I breath deep, the earth entreats,
and beyond this pitiful plea,
there is light to be taken,
decided upon,

and what little else is there​​?


No comments:

Post a Comment